01 Seasonal elegance and Kyoto traditions
are being combined in a new and refreshing way.
Tominokoji Yamagishi Kaiseki restaurant opened in October 2015 on Tominokoji Street in Kyoto. We offer dishes that allow you to experience the changes of the seasons while preserving the traditions of Kyoto cuisine and the spirit of hospitality that is a part of “Cha-kaiseki”.
- Tominokoji Yamagishi
- Our multi-course meals use Kyoto ingredients such as Kyoto vegetables and river fish, while respecting the traditions of Kyoto cuisine and the hospitality of Cha-kaiseki that have been handed down from one generation to the next.
The rich culture of seasonal flavors that has taken root in Kyoto through our cuisine is here for you to enjoy.
- Nominokoji Yamagishi
- A Japanese izakaya-style gastropub by Tominokoji Yamagishi.
Please relax and enjoy our carefully prepared dishes created in our open kitchen.
- Nijo Yamagishi
- The sister shop of the Kaiseki restaurant Tominokoji Yamagishi.
Yamagishi’s signature dashi “Nabe” (hotpot) is served in a “Nabe Kaiseki” style, which features delicious hotpot dishes like you would find in an authentic home-cooked meal.
- Gion Yamagishi
- A traditional “Kappo” Japanese-style restaurant in an old “machiya” townhouse in Kyoto’s historic Gion district.
You can order your favorite dishes individually from our a la carte menu. Our “Yamagishi Lunch” is also available during our daytime lunch hours.
- Yakiniku Yamachan
- A wide range of high-quality meat dishes are prepared with uniquely Japanese styling.
These dishes bring out both the gentle taste of dashi broth and the original flavor of the meat.
- A sumptuous feast prepared together with Gion Yamaguchi owner Tadashi Yamaguchi, a master of Italian cuisine.
Enjoy a culinary feast at one of the largest and most impressive dining counters in all of Kyoto.
- Ginza Nominokoji Yamagishi
- The first restaurant of the Kyoto Yamagishi Group to open in Tokyo.
Please enjoy exactly what you want, and as much as you want, using our a la carte-style menu.
- Tominokoji Yamagishi Azabudai Hills
- The Tokyo branch of the Kyoto restaurant Tominokoji Yamagishi.
With only six counter seats available, we provide heartfelt hospitality in a space rich with luxury and exclusivity.
Scheduled to open in January 2024
Reservations can be made online or by phone.